I am happy to see you have come to visit. Please know that we want one and all to enjoy the experience around here, and we also realize that we all come from vastly different backgrounds, cultures, philosophies, etc. To that end, please respect the following rules for conduct:
1) No ad hominem attacks. Don't know what that means? Look it up. I do not have time to police this joint night and day, and I don't intend to unleash a flood of moderators. Keep it within reason, as polite as you can. You can voice your opinion and argue your case without making some one else feel like crap, so practice civility at every turn.
2) If you didn't write it, you better cite it. Plain and simple. Respect the copyrights of others.
3) If you screw somebody here in a trade or purchase, I will do everything within my power to assist in having you hung out to dry. Don't slip. Be an honest trader or be gone. The world has enough problems as is.
4) I will not tolerate arguments over images or tastes in same in any forum. Critiquing is to be done in the critiquing forum ONLY, and that will mean that any images appearing within that forum will be there for the sole purpose of being critiqued. That also implies that both the person requesting the critique AND those offering critique refrain from ad hominem attacks or thoughtless statements like "ugh, looks like crap!", etc.
Constructive crit will be the only allowed crit, and anybody having trouble with that and making a scene will be deactivated PDQ. If you suffer from thin skin, you are probably best NOT to post in the critique forum. I do not want to be flooded with complaints because you posted an image for critique thinking it was a masterpiece and got less than what you expected in return. I will get cranky about this, so don't push the issue. If you go in for critique, wear a helmet.
5) If any finds issue with something written or somebody in particular, that issue will be filed with me privately, NOT in any forum. I will address the matter as soon as I find it in my inbox. This means it could be hours before I find it. Users should refrain attempting to discipline one another.
Any user taking it upon himself to chastise a perceived guilty party will find himself deactivated. Very simple. My house, I am the bouncer, I make the rules. They are fair rules, very simple rules for getting along. My decisions are final and the only recourse if I am disagreed with is to go elsewhere. I am as objective as they come about such matters - there is right, and there is wrong. My personal relationships with users will not cloud my judgment. I'd ban my wife if I had to.
That said, live by one simple rule here: Be a good ambassador. Teach if you have the capacity, learn as you find it.
Peace to all - Craig